[OS X TeX] Does TeX Live Utility 1.49 not work on Big Sur?
gt at cse.yorku.ca
Sun Jul 4 13:13:41 EDT 2021
I ask the above question (subject line) due to the following observations
I updated my laptop (BigSur) and Desk top (Mojave) to TeXLive 2021.
1) On my desktop the Utility (also 1.49) works to update packages (tried 2019 and 2020) and the switch between TeX Live distributions works
2) On my laptop the Utility acknowledges switching (say from 2019 to 2020 or 2020 to 2021) but it does NOT switch. The previous version is still active as determined by a LaTeX run.
3) On the laptop I tried updating 2020. Said it cannot do it because current version is 2021. I tried update of 2019. It started (tried twice) and it “failed” both times. Several errors. When I try compile a program under 2019 it is now unusable: “missing ifxetex.sty” it complains.
4) I cannot run 2021 on the laptop. The Utility thinks I am in 2020 (it lists 2021 but this is not real; 2020 is).
5) Unfortunately I cannot use the old “LocalTeX” app to switch to 2021. This version is not even acknowledged but it is there all right. All I got is a broken TeX Utility…or something else is broken.
Any fix? I did not do anything differently in the laptop than I did in the desktop (except for the different OS X in the two).
> On Jun 28, 2021, at 6:32 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MacOSX-TeX