[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility 1.49 fails to update old TeXLive 2019 and leaves it unusable.

George Tourlakis gt at cse.yorku.ca
Thu Jul 8 12:16:34 EDT 2021

Hi all,

As I earlier communicated, I got TeX Live Utility 1.49 to work on my Big Sur laptop (following Richard’s advice).

However it fails to update my old TeXLive 2019 and leaves it unusable.

Compiling with the 2019 after the failed update halts with the error

> ! LaTeX Error: File ‘ifxetex.sty’ not found

I will hazard attaching a log file (generated by TLU)

Thanks!
George