[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility 1.49 fails to update old TeXLive 2019 and leaves it unusable.

George Tourlakis gt at cse.yorku.ca
Fri Jul 9 17:21:04 EDT 2021

Hi Adam,

I enlisted sufficient strength of will to do this a 3rd time this time on my desktop (running Mojave — on purpose, not out of  laziness).

I started at 12:30pm and finished just now!

It succeeded, and I can only guess it might be because the updater asked THIS TIME that I install two “critical” updates before I do anything else.

> 2021-07-09 16:31:30 +0000 Notice -[TLMMainWindowController _handleListUpdatesFinishedNotification:][5300]	Critical updates detected: (
>     "texlive.infra",
>     "texlive.infra.x86_64-darwin"
> )

What did the installer do differently other than advising the above?

1) Unlike previous attempts it did not bypass not installed packeages. It added them.

(likely because of 1. )

2) It took a lot of time.

Cheers
George