[OS X TeX] install spell checking dictionary for Bulgarian

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 10:35:35 EDT 2021

Dear All,

I'm again on the old issue of installing spell checking and hyphenation
dictionaries for Bulgarian. I hope for help.
Everything on my MacBook Air is updated.

I downloaded the dictionary files for Bulgarian, for ispell, which are the
only ones that are free on the internet. But they do not work on Mac, at
least I do not know how and what to do or modify in them, on my Mac. The
developer, Radostin Radnev, wrote to me that he doesn't know how they can
be installed on Mac.

Here is where I took the files and what I did. My guess is that Makefile
in the package has some command(s) set incorrectly for Mac, but I do not
know how to fix it.

Following the instructions in:
http://bgoffice.sourceforge.net/ispell/index.html
to the linked:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bgoffice/files/Ispell%20BG/
(nothing there is specifically for Mac)
I installed, unarchived, and moved ispell-bg-4.2 to:
~/Library/Spelling/ispell-bg-4.2

inside there are:

~/Library/Spelling/ispell-bg-4.2 $ ls Makefile

Makefile

~/Library/Spelling/ispell-bg-4.2 $ ls data/

bulgarian.aff bulgarian.dict

~/Library/Spelling/ispell-bg-4.2 $ make --version

GNU Make 3.81

PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-apple-darwin11.3.0

~/Library/Spelling/ispell-bg-4.2 $ make

Building bulgarian.hash. Please wait...

make: *** [all] Error 127

~/Library/Spelling/ispell-bg-4.2 $ buildhash data/bulgarian.dict
data/bulgarian.aff data/bulgarian.hash

zsh: command not found: buildhash

~/Library/Spelling/ispell-bg-4.2 $ ispell -vv | grep LIBDIR

zsh: command not found: ispell

~/Library/Spelling/ispell-bg-4.2 $ ispell -v | grep LIBDIR

zsh: command not found: ispell

I hope for help how to install these dictionary files for Bulgarian.
Best Regards,
Roussanka
P.S. There is a package from Inst. of Bulgarian Language, but the free test
version is very limited and for old OS X on Mac.