[OS X TeX] install spell checking dictionary for Bulgarian

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 18:57:50 EDT 2021

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 11:59 PM Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
wrote:

> > On Jun 6, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Roussanka Loukanova <rl.stpuu at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > About ispell / NSSpellCheck: which choice for English is good? In:
> > System Preferences > Keyboard > Text > Spelling
> >

> The ispell dictionaries don't work with aspell. See the pdf document in a
> previous email that explains how to get and install the Bulgarian aspell
> dictionary for the version of aspell supplied by cocoAspell.

I haven't  managed to install the cocoAspell from GitHub, and haven't yet
installed cocoAspell.pkg from the TeX directory.  I have the bulgarian
aspell dictionary - and keep it archived, until I have a working
installation of cocoAspell.

I tried the Bulgarian ispell dictionary with the default spelling in
TeXShop. I guess that, as of now (without installing and activating
cocAspell), the spelling in TeXShop is  NSSpellCheck via ispell. Isn't that
so? Is there a place and way  (menu, etc.) for me to see what spelling
program TexShop uses?

I've also tested spelling of Bulgarian text, by Aquamacs:
Edit > Spelling > ispell
and M^x ispell-change-dictionary to bg (bulgarian)

In Aquamacs ispell goes with bg (Bulgarian) ispell dictionary, as in
TeXShop: doesn't recognise latex commands, and English words, in text with
two languages: Bulgarian and English.

Aquamacs recognises latex commands, when the dictionary is set to en_GB,
and en, but not with bg.

I've tried mixed text with English and Swedish, and even adding Bulgarian,
and latex commands in .tex files: I can't get spell checking text of mixed
languages simultaneously, via the default NSSpellCheck / ispell.

I hope that cocoAspell + aspell dictionaries will do that complex spell
checking, e.g., with Automatic by language... in System Preferences.

I haven't tried Sierra & cocoAspell macro yet because I do not have yet
working cocoAspell.

Best Regards,
Roussanka

Good Luck,