[OS X TeX] Running out of \write's while building a grouped-by-chapter symbol index

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Sat Jun 26 16:51:52 EDT 2021

Hello George,

What package(s) are you using to handle creation of the Glossary?
If  glossaries.sty  then there is a  savewrites=true   option that can be used.
Give it a try.

In your case the idea  is that you will need to use the same write channel for each chapter.
You must not issue the TeX  \newwrite  command more than once.
You may need to consult the documentation to get everything working correctly; e.g. using a different  type  for each chapter.

Hope this helps.

  Ross