[OS X TeX] TeXShop: open last source file at startup?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 13:15:42 EST 2021

> On 5 Mar2021, at 12:35 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 5, 2021, at 11:16 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there some way to configure TeXShop so that, when you start it, it opens automatically what was the active .tex source file from the previous TeXShop session?
>>
>> (Of course I’m aware of the File > Open Recent menu item.)
>
> Howdy,
>
> If you want that behavior for all apps... under the General tab of System Preferences make sure `Close windows when quitting an app' is unchecked.

No, I wanted it just for TeXShop.

If there’s no hidden preference in TeXShop to do this, might there be a way to do it by means of a script that can examine the recently opened files for the app, find the most recent one, and then open TeXShop with that.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334