[OS X TeX] TeXShop Autocompletion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 20 11:35:52 EDT 2021

> On Mar 20, 2021, at 10:16 AM, Ulrich Groh via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I am using a German keyboard with my iMac. The problem is the ^ . If I use the original completion file and if I press ^ nothing happens, because the symbol will just be highlighted. If I press ^ again I get ^^{}. So I changed the entry to
>
> <key>^</key>
> <string>{#SEL##INS#}</string>
>
> But then I still have to press another key (e.g. space bar) to get the right result. I guess the reason is that ^is waiting for another keyboard letter, e.g. ^+ a gives â (a with hat). Is there a trick to get the right result?
>
> Additional question: How can I edit the menu items? I don't need some of these (e.g. Gerhardt macros) and would like to install my own. A hint where I can read it is enough.
>
> Thank you.

Howdy,

That is a key binding rather than a Command Completion (although it was once called Auto-Completion). In any case click on Source->Key Bindings->Edit Key Bindings File… to open the editor for Key Bindings (sorry, I don't know the German translation). The select the binding you want to remove and click on Remove.

I hope this solves your problem.

herbs at wideopenwest.com