[OS X TeX] Keeping TeXShop windows in their place

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Sep 5 08:18:50 EDT 2021

Alain,

Flashmode does this (among other things).  This feature is independent of the screen since it only switches to the text where the cursor had been at the last closing of the source window by saving that position in a .position file at closing. When Flashmode is started to control the document it will try to read this information and will ask TeXShop to move the cursor accordingly.

Be aware that with the new restrictions of the OS you will have to give Flashmode certain privileges in System Preferences/Security&Privacy. The OS will ask  you to give your permissions.

Claus