[OS X TeX] Keeping TeXShop windows in their place

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at freemathtexts.org
Sun Sep 5 11:51:30 EDT 2021

Claus,

Trying to look for how long you have been bailing me out of various LaTeX pitfalls, I saw that you mentioned Flashmode at least already in 2005. But even though j'ai la mémoire qui flanche, I am pretty sure you helped me a long time before that---but who knows where all that mail is by now.

Anyway, thanks to Schulz posting the url, looking at the instructions, I now see why Flashmode somehow felt familiar. How could I ever forget?

I will give Flashmode a(nother?) try next week. But to avoid using \includeonly, what I am doing is, for each chapter, to have a "text file" that is \input both in a dedicated "control file" to typeset only that chapter and in an overall Book "control file" to typeset the whole Book. Looks a bit complicated but actually has worked very well for many years.

Best,
--schremmer