[OS X TeX] OT: Big Sur 11.6 & Printer Queue

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 21 16:59:39 EDT 2021

> On Sep 21, 2021, at 3:43 PM, Richard Seguin <riseguin at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> I have 11.6 and a fairly old HP laser printer, and I just noticed that the printer icon is not disappearing from the dock either when there are no print jobs left in the queue. However, there is a Quit on a right click on the icon and it works. Another way to do it is to click on the icon as if to look at the queue and then do a quit from the menu.
>
> A month or two ago I had to download updated HP print drivers from Apple because the old one works but throws up scary warning messages that the computer could be damaged if I proceeded (it didn’t, but it was annoying). I think Apple was forced to do this because HP seemed to be refusing to maintain print drivers for older printers and the HP website was no help.
>
> Richard Séguin

Howdy,

There is a way to quit any app that doesn't require clicking at all. Hold the Cmd key down and press Tab to display all the active app icons. Continue holding down Cmd and press Tab to move the selected app to the one you wnat to quit (the Printer Queue app in this case). Keep holding down the Cmd key and press Q and that selected app will Quit.

herbs at wideopenwest.com