[OS X TeX] [External] double page view

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Tue Aug 2 22:48:50 EDT 2022

> On Aug 2, 2022, at 6:59 PM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:
>
> I’m sorry but this advice is totally over my head.
> I did find the “TeXShop Changes 4.76” document, and so I vaguely understand that a change in settings is necessary.
> I took the advice
> “users who dislike the single page can get rid of it by issuing the following command in Terminal:
> defaults write TeXShop DisplayAsBook NO”
> to be directions how to make the change.  But I am not familiar with how to make commands in Terminal, and got an “undefined command” error when I tried to wing it.
> I also went into the TeXShop preferences panel and changed “pages flow from right o left” to “pages flow from left to right”.  This seemed to change nothing.
>
> Can you either give me or point me to “instructions for dummies” for this problem?
>
> I don’t really care about page 1 standing alone (in fact, when it does so as the page opposite a blank page, I don’t mind) but having pages 2 and 3 display in two-page format as page 3 on the left and 2 on the right seems to be totally wrong.
>
> ZN

Howdy,

Go to the Preview tab of TeXShop->Preferences. There is a section on that pane called `Double Page Modes'. Right now you probably have `Pages Flow Right to Left' checked. Instead change that to `Pages Flow Left to Right'. `Pages Flow Right to Left' means even pages will be on the Right and the following odd page will be on the Left; e.g., this is how Hebrew or Arabic pages should flow. On the other hand for most Western languages you want the even pages on the left and the odd pages on the right, i.e., they flow Left to Right.

The only thing you need that hidden preference for is if you don't want the First page to be displayed separately. Which I believe is not of interest to you.

herbs2 at mac.com