[OS X TeX] [External] [External] [External] double page view

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Aug 2 23:54:11 EDT 2022

In single page format everything is in the right order (ditto multipage) but in either double page or double multipage the earlier of each pair lands on the right, not the left.

Ist this a parity issue?
When I referred to page 1 (etc.) that was the page number printed on the page;  if the title page is page 1 (internal count by Preview), then the blank page following it is page 2 and what I call page 1 (printed—the first page of table of contents) is page 3 to the computer.  But if the title page is page 0, then the parity switches.
 I seem to recall that somewhere there is a control of whether odd-numbered pages go on the right or the left.

But the what puzzles me is why this switched from before I updated TeXShop, since I made no changes in any of the TeXShop files.