[OS X TeX] Textures early history

David Craig dac at panix.com
Mon Aug 8 03:53:16 EDT 2022

> Dick Koch, who has compiled TeX Live for Mac and put together the MacTeX installer since the beginning of its modern life, wrote a really nice article for TUGBoat (Volume 33 (2012), No. 2) about creating MacTeX. The first parts are about installing MacTeX but the later parts give a bit of history of the what we now know as MacTeX. I include a copy for your perusal.

Thanks for that, Herb!

But … that means this year is the 10th anniversary of MacTeX, no?   Shouldn’t there be cake or something?

That article reminded me of i-installer.   I’d forgotten that that was my bridge between OzTeX and MacTeX.   Gerben, if you’re still out there, thank you!

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>