[OS X TeX] Preview setting

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:00:04 EDT 2022

> On 25 Aug2022, at 10:30 AM, Robert Bruner <robert.bruner at wayne.edu> wrote:
>
> Sounds like I should switch to TeXShop as my default pdf viewer.
> I have grown accustomed to using the (very crude) annotation tools
> in Preview, but this xattr behavior is a deal breaker.

Skim and the TeXShop previewer both have are superior to the macOS Preview in one respect (at least): when you do a search, the hits are presented in the order they appear in the pdf. With Preview, on the other hand, the hits seem to appear in a more or less random order!

(I’ve reported that limitation of Preview to Apple as a bug several times. Perhaps if others did so, too, they’d fix it.)

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mobile (413)-427-5334
503 King Farm Blvd #101