[OS X TeX] TeXShop previewer feature request: logical page go-to

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:25:09 EST 2022

I have a LaTeX source (memoir class) with frontmatter numbered by roman numerals i, ii, iii, etc., and main- and back-matter then numbered 1, 2, 3, …. This is standard book pagination.

If I view the pdf in Skim, if I select to Go To page 5, it takes me to _logical_ page 5, that is, the fifth page of the mainmatter (and not the fifth physical page of the document, which is in the frontmatter).

So far as I am aware, the TeXShop previewer does not currently support such pagination: the Page counter at the top of the viewer window, shows and allows one to select only by the physical, rather than the logical, page number.

If I am correct in this, then I am requesting this feature addition: to allow logical pagination.

Ideally, there would be a toggle in the TeXShop Preferences > Preview panel to control whether pagination is logical or physical.

---
Murray Eisenberg
murrayeisenberg at gmail.com