[OS X TeX] Beamer error

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Wed Jan 19 10:28:56 EST 2022

I reformatted my laptop and installed TeXLive 2021. Now when I run beamer I get

/Users/themis/Library/texmf/tex/latex/config/epstopdf.cfg:1: Undefined control
sequence.
\ETE at prepend ->\PrependGraphicsExtensions
                                          {.eps}
l.1 ...up{update,prepend,prefersuffix=false,suffix=}

The offending file contains the single command

\epstopdfsetup{update,prepend,prefersuffix=false,suffix=}

I did not have this problem before reformatting. I was running however an older texlive installation (can’t remember which).

Themis