[OS X TeX] Beamer error

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Wed Jan 19 14:09:29 EST 2022

> On Jan 19, 2022, at 12:16 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> […]
>
> One way to stop that is to let the conversion happen, rename the file-eps-converted-to.pdf as file.pdf and move the file.eps to a sub-folder. If you leave off the .eps extension in the \includegraphics command the .pdf will then be found. Note: you must move the file.eps since that command looks for the .eps before .pdf. You could also have TeXShop convert the .eps to .pdf by simply dropping it onto TeXShop but you'll still have to hide the .eps in a sub-folder.
>
> Finally, I've just given up on playing these games and live with the conversion. This is especially true since it's only created once. What's in a name?

It turns out the problem in the cfg file was the option “prepend”. My file now reads

\epstopdfsetup{update,prefersuffix=false,suffix=}

The option “suffix=“ removes the “eps-converted-to” from the name of the pdf, and may also be set to any user-defined string. With this change Beamer runs without complaints and file names look beautiful, a least in the eye of this beholder:)

Themis