[OS X TeX] CocoAspell still not working for me

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Tue Jan 25 07:28:29 EST 2022

A couple irritating inconveniences:

i)  CocoAspell is not fully latex aware. It flags for example the {llc…} in column alignments. This is so annoying that I am now entering the alignments with a space between them, e.g.,  (l l c …}.  I don’t think the user should do the work of the software.

ii) Its dictionaries seem incomplete and miss many standard words. For example, “ideality” is flagged wrong when using “English (United States) [w_accents]. As a non-native speaker of English and poor typist I find this frustrating: I can never be sure whether I am making up a non existing word or whether the dictionary is not quite fluent.

Themis