[OS X TeX] Mulicores?

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 09:38:05 EDT 2022

> On Jul 8, 2022, at 7:31 AM, Ulrich Groh via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>

> I don‘t understand this type of discussions. To write x pages of math text last y minutes. To compile the document last z minutes . In general, y is very, very large and z is very, very small compared to y. So: What is the problem?
>
> Ulrich

Howdy,

I go back to a time when typesetting a document on a microcomputer took about 1min/page so I am amazed at the speed of our present systems. That extra minute or two or three gives you time to think about your document and can often be more productive than the rush to do this or that.

PS: Humans are really bad at multi-tasking.

herbs2 at mac.com