[OS X TeX] pdf viewers: pop-ups at hyperref links

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 13:07:35 EDT 2022

> On 9 Jul2022, at 12:08 PM, Herbert Schulz via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 9, 2022, at 10:46 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com <mailto:murrayeisenberg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> The previewer in TeXShop has the delightful feature that if you hover the mouse cursor over a hyperlink, a little window pops-up showing the target of that hyperlink.
>>
>> This allows you to see the target without having to actually jump to it (with a click), which loses the place you were originally viewing.
>
> Howdy,
>
> Not true. After clicking and going to the hyperlinked information press the back triangle on the preview window's toolbar. The left/right triangles are back/forward in document location as opposed to page back/forward (up/down).

If you refer to some capability of the TeXShop previewer to return to the source of a hyperlink after going to the target, that is not what I’m asking about.

I’m asking about the pop-up feature, which allows you to see the content of the page having the source of the link and, at the same time (albeit with a bit of obscuring that page) a pop-up showing the target of the link.

For example, I have a hyperlinked reference on page 200 to Theorem 2.34; clicking that link pops-up a little window showing Theorem 2.34 (not the whole page that had Theorem 2.34 on it).

I’m asking about PDF viewers other than the one included in TeXShop — viewers that an end-user of a pdf produced from TeXShop would be employing.
---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mobile (413)-427-5334
503 King Farm Blvd #101