[OS X TeX] Installing CM fonts in OS 10.14 Mojave

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Mon Jul 11 20:07:50 EDT 2022

On Jul 11, 2022, at 18:43, Juergen Fenn <jfenn at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am 12.07.22 um 00:27 Uhr schrieb Herbert Schulz via MacOSX-TeX:
>> I guess I’m not sure I understand this thread. If you intend to use
>> (pdf/lua/xe)latex you need a TeX distribution, either the one from
>> TeXPad ( sorry, I know nothing about that) or another one (I suggest
>> TeX Live installed via MacTeX). In either case the CM and Latin
>> modern fonts are part of the distribution.
>

> That's what I wondered, too. But, then, the OP says:

> So he wants to install CM (or CM-like fonts, for that matter) for use
> with other applications than TeX and friends.
>
> Regards,
> Jürgen.

Installing MacTeX would be easier, as Herb wrote. The fonts can then be made available to the system via FontBook.  Installing MacTeX may even provide an automated way to do this (I don’t use MacTeX, so I don’t know for sure).  But then again, I’m not sure  I completely understand the original question.

—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA
https://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov