[OS X TeX] pdf viewers: pop-ups at hyperref links

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:59:28 EDT 2022

> On 12 Jul2022, at 10:51 PM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>

> I've read with interest the conversation on hyperref pop-ups. Many parts of the conversation were about other front ends, but a few remarks listed problems with TeXShop and I thought briefly about how to improve the experience while keeping the current design.
>
> You can experiment with the result by downloading
>
> https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop478.zip <https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop478.zip>
>
> Read the Changes document to see what is different. This is a preliminary version of 4.78, which may not appear for several weeks because of other requested changes and bug fixes.

I like that new feature of the hyperlinked pop-up persisting as long as the cursor stays there (provided one presses Option first).

But it does suffer the same limitation as the previously existing feature of the “disappearing” pop-up: the pop-up window is mispositioned on the text containing the target of the link — the left edge of text is cut off while there is too much of a white-space margin on the right edge.

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mobile (413)-427-5334
503 King Farm Blvd #101