[OS X TeX] Older MacTeX version

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Fri Jul 29 07:55:17 EDT 2022

> On Jul 29, 2022, at 6:14 AM, Marc Wijnand <marc.wijnand at ircam.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> Is there a table that links older MacTeX versions to the OS X versions?
>
> I have downloaded the .pkg files from the last years to be installed on OS X 10.13, and I keep getting the error message
>
> "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.appel.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
> Couldn't open "MacTeX.pkg"."
>
> Best regards
> Marc

Howdy,

The latest MacTeX for 2022 is for macOS 10.14 and later.

You can use the Unix Installer to get TeX Live 2022 that will operate on your system. See the `Unix Download' link at <https://www.tug.org/mactex/>. Please red and follow all the directions at that link.

If you really want an older MacTeX see the link at the URL above and the `click here' link on the paragraph about Obtaining Older Versions.

herbs2 at mac.com