[OS X TeX] TeXShop 4.75 feedback, revised

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Jun 13 17:21:03 EDT 2022

Arthur and others,

> On Jun 13, 2022, at 1:41 PM, Arthur Ogawa via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I find I must revise this feedback; this email supersedes the earlier one I sent.
>
> I am using TeXShop 4.75 -> Preview -> Display Format -> Double Multipage along with TeXShop Preferences -> Preview -> Double Page Modes. It appears that TeXShop’s behavior has changed with this new update.
>
> I attach a screenshot of the TeXShop Preview of a PDF that was typeset with LaTeX. It appears incorrect in that page 2 is displayed to the left of page 1 in the window.

TeXShop has a second preference item for the Preview window, which determines whether the first page occurs on the left side or the right side in twopage and double-multipage modes. This Preference item used to be broken, but should be fixed in 4.75.

Thus after setting both the "Double Page Modes" preference  and the "Default Page Style"
preference, when you open a file, it should appear as set.

If you later change the display mode for that window using a menu item, the "side" preference should still be used if appropriate.

-------

The above email claims to find a case where the first page appears correctly, and later incorrectly, but the instructions for producing this situation didn't make sense to me, and TeXShop did the correct thing in every case I tried.

If something is still wrong, send a very detailed explanation of how to reproduce the error and test your instructions several times before sending them.

Dick Koch