[OS X TeX] Complete Graphs on n vertices

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Sat Nov 26 08:32:56 EST 2022

> On Nov 26, 2022, at 5:01 AM, David Craig <dac at panix.com> wrote:
>
> This popped up in a my Quora feed: <https://qr.ae/pvfsAy>
>
> The code is supposed to generate a complete graph on n vertices using pstricks:
>
> % !TEX TS-program = xelatex
>  \documentclass{article}
> \pagestyle{empty}
>  \usepackage{pstricks,pst-node,pst-plot}
> \usepackage{multido}
>  \newcommand{\K}[1]{%
>    \psset{linewidth=0.15pt}
>     \begin{pspicture}(-3,-3)(3,3)
>         \SpecialCoor
>         \degrees[#1]
>          \multido{\n=1+1}{#1}{\multido{\i=1+1}{#1}{\psline[linecolor=orange](3;\n)(3;\i)}}
>    \end{pspicture}
> }
>  \begin{document}
> \begin{center}
> \K{28}
> \end{center}
> \end{document}
>
> However, this does not compile for me.  TeXShop (with fully updated TeXLive 2022) complains of an undefined control sequence in pst-node:
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/tex/generic/pst-node/pst-node.tex:829: Undefined control sequence.
> \reserved at c ->\psset@@rot
>                           l.829 \psset[pst-node]{nrot=0}
>
> and it’s downhill from there.  I haven’t a clue what to do with that, or how to fix it.
>
> Any ideas?  (Please cc replies directly to me as I’m on the digest.)
>
> Thanks,
> David Craig

Howdy,

Hmmmm... I have no problem compiling that with a fully updated TeX Live 2022. There is one warning about transparency that can be removed by activating and using the xelatexTR engine (go to <~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/GhostscriptTransparencyEngines> for more information) but it even compiless fine jsut using the xelatex engine.

Do you have anything to do with pstricks in your personal texmf tree (root at <~/Library/texmf>)? I don't see an attached log file.

herbs2 at mac.com