[OS X TeX] preview scaling

Doris Behrendt doris.behrendt at me.com
Mon Sep 19 03:19:43 EDT 2022

Hi list,

when I recompile a tex-file, preview always re-scales the pdf and does not remember the actual zoom size I had before compiling.
I use arara on the command line and not TeXShop, so i use the >>normal<< preview for viewing.

I searched the internet and tried out a lot of suggested solutions, e.g.
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/388761/mac-pdf-preview-wants-to-scale-down <https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/388761/mac-pdf-preview-wants-to-scale-down>
and
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/3450/make-pdf-open-in-fill-window-mode-with-hyperref <https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/3450/make-pdf-open-in-fill-window-mode-with-hyperref>

but all of this did not work. I also found a lot of posts saying that this behaviour of preview cannot be changed ... really??

Can anyone help me? My OS system and TeX distribution are up to date.

Thanks in advance ...

Doris