[OS X TeX] Color highlighting box

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at freemathtexts.org
Sun Jan 15 16:41:43 EST 2023

> On Jan 15, 2023, at 16:26, Herbert Schulz via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:

>> By the way, here is a curiosity (In Version 4.64 under 10.13.6):
>>
>> When I select something in the source, I get the standard blue rectangle but when the source is split, whether vertically or horizontally, I still get a blue rectangle on one half but a green (my chosen color) rectangle on the other half !!!
>>
>> Of course, it doesn’t bother me. (Only that light grey, I could hardly see did and that you freed me from, did.)
>>
>> Best
>> —schremmer
>
> Howdy,
>
> First, is there a reason you haven't updated TeXShop to the latest version? That runs under High Sierra.
>
> By `split' do you mean split the text in the window into two panes? I wonder if one pain is using the `accent' color while the other is using the  `highlight' color? I have them set to the same color so I can't see a difference. But please update to the latest version of TeXShop first.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> herbs2 at mac.com <mailto:herbs2 at mac.com>

I am pretty sure you are right: one pane uses the `accent’ color and the other is using the ``highlight’ color but, given that I don’t have that much time to finish the magnum opus, I am going to leave well enough alone.

I am sure you are also right about updating TeXShop but I am not going to “upgrade” just for that—and for a couple other oddities I can cope with: getting used to other ways to do something I am used to do a particular way is getting harder and harder.

Best.
—schremmer