[OS X TeX] pdf illustration

G. M.-S. lists.gms at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 17:23:18 EDT 2023

Here is a solution using only Illustrator (but I think it would be better
and simpler to use Ti*k*Z to do the drawings inside LaTeX).

The only thing needed is to install the necessary fonts so that macOS (and
all applications) can use them.

1) Go to
https://github.com/Firestar-Reimu/AMSFonts-OTF
2) Click
<> Code > Donwload ZIP
to get
AMSFonts-OTF-main.zip
3) Unzip it
4) Open Font Book (in Applications)
Check in Preferences that the default install location is "Computer"
5) File > Add Fonts…
Select the folder AMSFonts-OTF-main/amsfonts-otf
Click Open

Now in Illustrator you can choose the corresponding font.
For 𝔭 and 𝔮 it is EUFM10.

I attach an Illustrator file and the corresponding PDF file for you to see.
Also your LaTeX file using it.

The advantages are that there is no image so no loss in quality and a
smaller size.

HTH

Guillermo