[OS X TeX] Anyone try "Madhat Design"

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Tue Jun 11 13:40:18 EDT 2024

Folks,

Several days ago, William Adams send the following short note.

> On Jun 10, 2024, at 7:03 AM, William F. Adams via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Looks kind of interesting:
>
> https://madhat.design/
>
> William

I ignored this note for several days before curiosity got the better of me.
Thanks, William, for the pointer; extremely interesting.

The link leads to a page where two items are provided for free. The first is
a quite readable book, which praises TeX and LaTeX but argues that
the enormous advances of computing power since 1970 make possible
a new paradigm for software to write documents with
mathematical content.

The second free item is a program, MadHat, which takes a stab at
implementing that new paradigm.

Working with TeX and LaTeX has been a great joy for all of us, in the past
and in the future. It is not treason to also admire new typesetting ideas!

Dick Koch