[OS X TeX] MacTeX 2024 published

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Fri Mar 15 11:50:46 EDT 2024

> On Mar 15, 2024, at 9:52 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> After downloading and installing MacTeX-2024, I ran TLU and saw that arara is "forcibly removed".
>
> What's the story about that?

Howdy,

Others may very well answer too.

Arara has an internal library that could not be `signed' by Apple. Since our policy is to only include things that can be `signed' in MacTeX.pkg arara had to be removed.

You can use TeX Live Utility (TLU) to re-install arara once you've installed TeX Live 2024 with the MacTeX package. Open TLU and click on the `packages' tab to list all available packages in TeX Live. Choose the arara package (you may have to open the list of systems and choose `universal-darwin') and then `Install Selected Packages' (or maybe `Reinstall Selected Packages') in the Actions menu.

herbs2 at mac.com