[OS X TeX] MacTeX problem with Beamer in Sonoma

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Fri May 31 13:23:14 EDT 2024

Hi,

I am looking for help in compiling Beamer LaTeX files in Mac OS X
through MacTeX.

All of a sudden, I get the following compilation error:

Missing character: There is no t in font nullfont!
)
(/Users/kannan/Library/texmf/tex/latex/pgf_2.10.tds/tex/generic/pgf/math/pgfmat
hparser.code.tex)
(/Users/kannan/Library/texmf/tex/latex/pgf_2.10.tds/tex/generic/pgf/math/pgfmat
hfunctions.code.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.108 \pgfkeys
               {%
? x
No pages of output

I get the above error for even the simplest file, given below:

\documentclass[]{beamer}
\begin{document}
\begin{frame}
   Hello
\end{frame}
\end{document}

Could this be a Mac OS X configuration problem?  The problem happens in
MacTeX-2024, 2023, and 2017 versions.  The 100s of beamer files that
used to work before no longer work.  I am using Sonoma.

Thanks in advance for any help in solving this problem.

Kannan