[PSU Thesis] psuthesis class and template updated

Gary L. Gray euler at psu.edu
Sun Mar 25 20:13:00 EDT 2018

Well, it took about as long as I thought it would take, which was about 5 hours. I tried several permutations until I landed on one I was happy with. I am pleased with the result. Here are the changes.

The template driver file is now a version 1.6.0. Substantial changes to the title page and signature that are generated for bachelors theses. These changes *should* accommodate all permutations for ESC students.

honorsdepthead has been changed to escdepthead since Engineering Science is the only department at Penn that requires the department head's signature. Ugh.

honorsdegreeinfo has been changed to bachelorsdegreeinfo to reflect the fact that all Engineering Science students write a thesis, but not all graduate with honors.

Changed the honors class option to the esc class option -- see below.

Added the esc class option for Engineering Science students. This puts the department head's name on the title page and adds their sig to the signature page.

Added the schreyer option to students in the Honors College for all types of ESC students. This was the cleanest way to generate the title page and signature page(s) for the degree permutations.

Added deptheadtitle command for Engineering Science students.

Added the twoha option for students with interdisciplinary honors and thus with two honors advisors.

Updated and revised some of the instructions in the template file based on the above changes.

The psuthesis class file is now a version 2.7.0. In addition to the above changes that are reflected in the class file, the following change was also made.

Removed the boolean psu at escdepthead since it is no longer used.

ESC students: let me know if I got it right.

The .zip archive containing all files can be downloaded from my Box account:

https://psu.box.com/s/ulamfh524x4m79t7umxlu049rjc51hpp <https://psu.box.com/s/ulamfh524x4m79t7umxlu049rjc51hpp>

The .zip file is also linked to from here:

https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/psu-latex-thesis-class.html <https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/psu-latex-thesis-class.html>

Gary L. Gray