[Textures] TeXtures 2.2.0b4 is here

Michel Melin mmelin at orange.fr
Tue Dec 4 09:37:35 EST 2007

Bonjour.

Ici : http://www.bluesky.com/news/220b.html

« What's new in Textures 2.2.0b4?
Reliability improvements, to correct a handful of cases in which
Textures could crash. (Although we are not yet ready to reinstate our
offer of cash prizes for reproducible crashes, Textures has proven to
be generally reliable in regular use.)

Classic Textures typeset material is by default no longer opened if it
exists, as this proved to be confusing. If desired, this can be
reenabled by adefaults command, see Preferences in Old News, below.

Classic Textures 2.1 upgrades to Textures 2.2: We have reached the
point in the development of native Textures where we believe that the
large majority of current Classic Textures documents are reliably
supported by native Textures, so that all Classic Textures users can
switch to the current beta version with full document functionality1.

Therefore, although this 2.2.0b4 beta version will continue to be
freely available to Classic Textures 2.1 owners, to activate future
development releases of Textures 2.2 it will be necessary to purchase
a new activation key at an upgrade price. The upgrade price is
initially set at $99 (US); it is likely to increase in the future as
development progresses. Upgrade keys can be purchased directly from
within Textures, with payment via Google Checkout.

We remember, with gratitude, that many of our customers have purchased
upgrades and new copies of Textures during the development period of
the last five years, and that we promised to credit those purchasers
toward the cost of the upgrade to Textures 2.2 when it became
available. We believe that our automatic upgrade process will
correctly reflect this credit and offer a free or reduced price
activation key where appropriate; should this not appear to be the
case, we will be happy to review individual cases and make corrections
if necessary.

1[There are two cases, HTML links and PostScript primitive inclusions,
which are not supported in the current beta; some HTML facilities will
be available soon, but general PostScript inclusions are not likely to
ever be supported because the printing model is no longer PostScript.]»

Cordialement,

Michel Mélin.