[Textures] Textures 2.2.0b17

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Apr 6 04:33:50 EDT 2011

Le 6 avr. 2011 à 10:21, Paolo Matteucci a écrit :

> [My EM fonts are the PS ones (LWFN + FFIL pairs generated as you suggested: http://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/textures/2011-March/000049.html), whereas for the metrics I just used Y&Y’s (LY1) TFMs and changed their encoding to "TeXnANSI" directly from within Textures’ TeX metrics window.]

The only difference I can see lies in the metrics: mine were prepared with EdMetrics (converting Y&Y's TFM and VF files to PL and VPL, then importing the results in an EdMetrics suitcase), whereas yours were prepared in the TeX Metrics window of Textures2.2.0b16.

Perhaps the changes between Textures 2.2.0b16 and 2.2.0b17 imply that the Textures custom TFM format* has changed and modifications in the TeX metrics window of b16 won't work in b17. If you use the suitcases "EM LY1 Text metrics" and "EM Math metrics" in the archive em.zip from my message "[Textures] A bit of everything (7/7)", what do you get?

Bruno

* What I was told by Blue Sky TeX Help is that

"Textures' internal TFM format is binary compatible with other TeX platforms; the additional information is contained in "structured comments" within the standard TFM structure, and should be ignored by other TeX platforms."

So maybe the structure of the comments has changed between b16 and b17, and what you're seeing is a misinterpretation of the comments entered in b16. Obviously I'm just guessing here.