[Textures] Lion

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Thu Jul 21 05:20:44 EDT 2011

Hello,

This is just a confirmation that Textures is working fine in Lion. The page sliders on the right of the windows have a slightly different aspect from other Mac apps (the sliders are not hidden by default), but they do work fine. This may be a Carbon vs. Cocoa thing. The same happens with MS Office 2011 anyway.

It seems too, but I wouldn't swear by it, that loading installed fonts in /Library/Application Support/Textures/Fonts is much more rapid: I have 421 font files there (to avoid crowding the font menus of other apps with fonts which only make sense in TeX), and with Snow Leopard Textures took about one minute to launch; it apparently had to activate the fonts one by one, possibly using Font Book behind the scene. Now with Lion Textures takes only a couple of seconds to launch. Quite a dramatic change!

This with Textures 2.2.0b17.

Bruno Voisin