[Textures] bibliography format

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Thu Nov 8 18:18:40 EST 2012

On 8 nov. 2012, at 20:00, "Heller, Leon" <lheller at lanl.gov> wrote:

> For an article in LaTeX I would like the bibliography to appear in alphabetical order of authors' last names, rather than in  order of appearance in the text. How is this done?

Assuming you're referring to the use of BibTeX for bibliographies, then you need an author-date BibTeX style. I'm not using BibTeX myself (still doing all the bibliographies by hand), but based on the various information out there I would recommend using natbib which seems the most flexible and widely used such style. See <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/natbib>.

As far as I know, natbib requires no specific definition file for Textures, it works as is. But of course you need BibTeX, which you can get for example through MacTeX. Then, to make natbib known to Textures, you can create a symlink, something like (in Terminal):

ln -s /Library/TeX/Root/texmf-dist/tex/latex/natbib /Library/"Application Support"/Textures/Inputs/LaTeX/natbib