[Textures] Textures forever!

Silvia Maschio silvia at compomat.it
Fri Aug 2 04:46:46 EDT 2013

I'm a texture's user. I know that the blue sky web site is off line. But I have a big problem...

on a my macintosh G5 textures don't run after a message in which appear an upgrade. I click on "yes" without mind... and after that "click", textures don't run!!! Appear a windows for the new key code.... and if I put my key code it don't run.

So, I've deleted textures and tried to put a new version  (2.2.018b, that I've on my machine) but after some seconds appear a new windows (in attachment)

Please, Help me!!
I trie a new versione (2.2.19, retina, no retina that, instead run on my mac mini) too, but nothing...

Silvia MAschio
Il giorno 04/giu/2013, alle ore 08.26, Bruno Voisin ha scritto:

> Le 4 juin 2013 à 00:36, Gordon Lee <gordonleeblueskyforever at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> I remark, as Mark Twain once did, "reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
>>
>> Licensed users of Textures are invited to visit
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/obvww7r9xrq0l5l/Textures220b19.zip
>>
>> where they will find versions of Textures (for Retina and non-Retina machines) that
>> work without seeking an installation key (but first read the instructions enclosed in the zip).
>>
>> I will not be available for any further development of Textures and will not respond to any messages.
>>
>> I must leave it to users to try to ensure that reports of the death of Textures, too, "are greatly exaggerated."
>>
>> Textures forever!
>

> To the list: mixed feelings about the above announcement. Is this really an unlocked version of Textures 2.2.0b19, or a malicious program posing as Textures? Our community is probably very small, so there mustn't be much benefit attacking us, but who knows?
>
> Why I'm asking this:
>

> - The instructions "to get modified Textures to work.txt" say to lock first
>
> 	~/Library/Preferences/com.bluesky.Textures.plist
>
> and each of the files inside
>
> 	~/Library/Application Support/Textures/
>
> because the program will try to flush their content upon startup. This is odd. I did not lock anything, but copied first
>
> 	/Library/Application Support/Textures/
> 	~/Library/Application Support/Textures/
> 	~/Library/Preferences/com.bluesky.Textures.plist
>
> to a safe location then launched the new Textures. Nothing bad happened to those files. Maybe that's because my current ~/Library/Preferences/com.bluesky.Textures.plist contains valid activation and installation keys, I don't know. But in any case the whole thing feels suspicious, given in particular the behavior isn't as announced.
>

> - The programs themselves contain odd files "Textures2.2.0b19retina.app/Contents/Mail Attachment" containing the sole line
>
> 	--============_-844176279==_6============--
>
> and "Textures220b19noretina.app/Contents/Mail Attachment" containing the sole line
>
> 	--============_-844231484==_6============--
>
> That may be the way that the installation key is avoided, but that feels suspicious too.
>

> After launching the new Textures, I inspected the most likely locations like ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ for anything that would indicate the installation of a backdoor and did not find anything, but I'm no expert on these matters.
>
> Maybe, for those who plan to try these unlocked Textures, it would be worth installing Little Snitch beforehand, to see whether any info is sent anywhere when Textures is first launched. I didn't, and regret it now.
>
> Bruno Voisin
>

> Le 4 juin 2013 à 00:36, Gordon Lee <gordonleeblueskyforever at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> I remark, as Mark Twain once did, "reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
>>
>> Licensed users of Textures are invited to visit

> [...]

CompoMat srl
Dott.ssa Silvia Maschio
Via Toscana 40,
05100 TERNI
0744-423285
347-1886421
www.compomat.it
Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e confidenziali ed è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare (silvia at compomat.it). Rif. D.L. 196/2003

This e-mail (including attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not the named recipient, please contact (silvia at compomat.it) and delete the e-mail from your system. Rif. D.L. 196/2003.