[OS X Emacs] pdfSync with Skim and Aquamacs 1.3a

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Mon Mar 17 08:17:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, David Reitter wrote:

> On 16 Mar 2008, at 19:23, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>>
>> The original question was about Aquamacs, but I replied because nobody else
>> did, and it seems to me that pdfsync should work with both versions
>> similarly.
>
> How come?

I do not know how (is the implementation done), but things work from
Carbon Emacs to both Skim and PDFView.

> Aquamacs provides the Command-Shift-Click integration and works
> out-of-the-box. Command-Shift-Click is not a GNU Emacs key binding at all.

For Carbon Emacs and Skim: Command-Shift-Click also takes me from a
location in <file>.pdf (opened in Skim) to the corresponding location in
<file>.tex.

> C-c C-c View RET doesn't do it, though. It's would actually be C-c C-c Jump
> to PDF RET.

Perhaps this is in Aquamacs, Jump command is not in Carbon Emacs.

I do not know which Emacs is a better option for Macs, esp. on OS X 10.5.
Some time ago, I couldn't get the spell checking work with Aquamacs, and
since then have been using Carbon Emacs with no apparent problems, as of
now. Perhaps things have changed: it would be good if someone takes up the
task to explain us the pluses and minuses between Carbon Emacs and
Aquamacs: both exist and are well maintained.

Roussanka