[OS X Emacs] C-c C-<up>: how to tell Aquamacs to use this shortcut for ess-eval-buffer-from-beg-to-here

Marius Hofert m_hofert at web.de
Sat Sep 10 18:03:36 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I would like to use the new ESS feature for executing R code in a buffer from the beginning to the current cursor position. I saw this feature in Aquamacs (ESS -> ESS Eval -> Eval buffer till here), but there is no key combination given. The desired key is C-c C-<up> (just look for "ess-eval-buffer-from-beg-to-here" in https://svn.r-project.org/ESS/trunk/lisp/ess-mode.el). How can I teach Aquamacs to use this key binding?

I tried to put the (surrounding) code found on the webpage above into Preferences.el, but I receive an error: Loading `emulate-mac-keyboard-mode': old-style backquotes detected!

Cheers,

Marius