[OS X Emacs] Re: Select all: how to *not* jump to the beginning of the file + how to not change the selection?

Jack Repenning jrepenning at collab.net
Wed Sep 21 17:49:54 EDT 2011

On Sep 21, 2011, at 12:26 AM, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

>> What you might be able to do is return to where you came from.
>
> You can do that with C-space twice. If you have moved in between you may
> have to repeat the C-space a couple times more.

We must be miscommunicating somewhere. My C-space is bound to cua-set-mark, which seems to be so even if I start --no-init-file, so I take that to be standard. (Do you have some other binding?)  When I press C-space in transient-mark-mode, mark gets activated or deactivated or activated again or deactivated again, but point never moves.  If I disable TMM, mark is set or cleared, but again point never changes. How does any of that "return to where you came from"?

-==-
Jack Repenning
Technologist
CollabNet Cloud Services