[OS X TeX] [External] watermarks

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Fri Apr 28 21:51:08 EDT 2023

I copied your tex file and ran it with the following results:

Looking at the log, I realized that my TeXLive had not been updated for six years.  So I went ahead and updated (meaning I downloaded and installed the latest MacTex) and went back to my book project, commented out all references to draftwatermark, and re-compiled the book project.

That proved to be a catastrophic mistake.  The output was the first 13 pages out of 588.  Looking at the console, the errors all seem to involve the code for basic applications, like PSTricks, which I have no idea how to enter and/or fix.  Here are the log, the output, and the tex “master file” that calls everything else.  Any idea how I can even begin to troubleshoot?  At this point I at TRULY DESPERATE for help.

My macbook pro is running macOS 12.6.5 Monterey, TeXShop is version 5.12, and TeXLive Utility is version 1.54.  So everything is up to date, I think.
(In TeXLive>Updates there is a very long list of  packages, almost all listed as “update available”.  How does one perform an update—can it done for all of them at once?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155