[OS X TeX] making an index (nomenclature)

Nicolae Garleanu nbgarleanu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 14:09:38 EST 2024

Hi Herb,

Yes, I think it is pdflatex, although I do not remember (I think I used to know, at least) why in the Typeset menu Pdftex is checked (as is LaTeX).

More important, I put % !TEX program = pdflatexmk as the first line of the document (I tried both before and after \document class — I used the syntax %TEX root = …, after \documentclass, with success in other files). As before, no new file other than the .nlo, but no error on executing.

I haven’t tried the terminal, but I wonder whether that is the most efficient way to uncover the problem. I had a quick look over the .log file for anything that would catch my eye, and did see "No file Try-nomencl.nls,” which didn’t surprise me, but I don’t know why this file failed to be produced. Maybe I should also say that I never did anything actively to set up pdflatexmk. Were it not for Overleaf, I would keep thinking that I have a syntax error vis-a-vis the nomenclature package.

Nicolae