[OS X TeX] autocomplete for references

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Wed Jan 24 13:50:00 EST 2024

> On Jan 24, 2024, at 10:57 AM, Nicolae Garleanu <nbgarleanu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had never used BibDesk, so just tried it now. The F5 trick does not work for me (I just get some continuation suggestion as if from a dictionary), I am guessing that there may be a setting I can modify. (All I did was to open, from BibDesk, the .bib file. I am not even sure whether TS and BD “know to work together.") BibDesk does make it easy to see the cite keys, though, so it’s already an improvement.
>
> Nicolae

Howdy,

I open up tugboat.bib (part of TeX Live as installed by MacTeX) in BibDesk and then put it in the background by opening TeXShop and the source document. I then type \ci and press Esc (which uses TeXShop's Command Completion) which puts \cite{|•|} in the document where |•| is a selected `mark' (a bullet character). I then type, e.g. Beeb (there are quite a few references that have Beeb as the starting characters for the citation ID) and press F5 to get