[OS X TeX] autocomplete for references

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Wed Jan 24 13:59:26 EST 2024

Folks,

In addition to Herbert's useful instruction, check that in TeXShop Preferences under the Editor Tab,
"BibDesk Completions" is checked.

Dick Koch

On Jan 24, 2024, at 10:50 AM, Herbert Schulz via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:

Howdy,

I open up tugboat.bib (part of TeX Live as installed by MacTeX) in BibDesk and then put it in the background by opening TeXShop and the source document. I then type \ci and press Esc (which uses TeXShop's Command Completion) which puts \cite{|•|} in the document where |•| is a selected `mark' (a bullet character). I then type, e.g. Beeb (there are quite a few references that have Beeb as the starting characters for the citation ID) and press F5 to ge