[OS X Emacs] opening old mac files (CR end of line char)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Dec 4 12:25:26 EST 2007

Am 04.12.2007 um 14:50 schrieb xah lee:

> i was surprised today, to find that Carbon Emacs 22 and also Aquamacs,
> does not open a file with classic Mac OS line endings properly? (i.e.
> EOL shows up as ^M)
>
> how to make emacs open it properly?

Can you reproduce this when launching Carbon Emacs without
customisation? In GNU Emacs 23.0.50, 23.0.60, 22.1.50, and Carbon
Emacs from December edition I cannot find failures with TeX, LOG,
Perl, AppleScript, and other file types with Mac line endings, i.e.
CR or ^M. It fails for me with PFB font files – because some of them
start with (legal) binary garbage before the characteristic

	%!PS-Adobe-

Interestingly the file programme does not fail to recognise both
variants of PostScript font programmes ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

What’s the difference between OS X and Vista?

Microsoft employees are excited about OS X…