[OS X Emacs] one-buffer-one-frame question

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 04:31:19 EST 2007

I think you guys misunderstand each other. Paul wants to open a new
frame for some functions, but not in general.

My suggestion would be to turn one-buffer-one-frame-mode on, but then
use the functions that are provided (such as switch-to-buffer-here) to
switch the buffer within a frame.

Alternatively, some hackery such as

(fset 'aquamacs-find-file 'find-file-other-frame)

and similar should do the job. Somebody would have to work that out
for drag&drop actions - they are handled via a keymap, so a simple
"define-key" should do the job for this.

Perhaps somebody else here can work out the details to help Paul.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!