[OS X Emacs] one-buffer-one-frame question

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Dec 20 04:12:52 EST 2007

Am 19.12.2007 um 17:22 schrieb Paul Rathouz:

> I *would* like Aquamacs to open a new frame when I click on a file
> or open a file with the "open" command from Terminal.

That's easy: open -a Aquamacs\ Emacs <file>

> Is there anyway to set Aquamacs so that double-clicking or opening
> uses, say, the function find-file-other-frame to open that file?

Create an UTI (Universal Type Identifier) for Aquamacs Emacs. Make
the files that you would like to open in Aquamacs Emacs be of that
type. Spotlight should be able to reveal some information about UTIs.

RCDefaultApp, a Preferences Pane, might help, too: http://
www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/

--
Greetings

   Pete

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable
are arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.
				– H. L. Mencken