[OS X Emacs] init file not being read

xah lee xah at xahlee.org
Tue Dec 25 00:12:41 EST 2007

sorry i misread your original post.

maybe try starting with --no-site-file, to see anything in side-wide
init file reset your init file path. (also, you prob knew, -q or --no-
init-file is for not loading personal init file.)

um... but since you said the problem happens in aquamacs and carbon
emacs too (presumably started from GUI, and each of these has their
own site wide file)... so maybe the problem is something not related
to emacs, but rather with OS X...

  Xah