[OS X Emacs] init file not being read

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 20:02:39 EST 2007

Roger,

What do the following two expressions evaluate to (use M-: or, in a
buffer, C-x C-e):

(user-login-name)
(user-real-login-name)
command-line-args
user-init-file

I presume you've already checked the *Messages* buffer for useful
information.

I haven't heard about such a problem before. You can always try to
create a new user and see if, when logged in as such, emacs will read
that user's init file.

- D

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!